Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 4 of 29


Ugh. Another zero word count day. But surprisingly I am okay with it. Here is why: I did a lot of research on a contest/conference I want to attend (New Jersey's Put Your Heart Into a Book - late October) and committed to entering the contest! As a result I polished my first chapter, inserted two crit changes I had on it and sent it to a friend to get her feelings for it.


The contest also calls for a dreaded synopsis so I started one for the book.


So even though the word count actually dropped 50 words with the edits, I still feel like I had a productive day. It just goes to show that it is not only about writing, there are a variety of other important parts to being a writer.


Friday to Sunday I am away at a wedding. At this moment I am hoping to get up in the morning and work on the synopsis I have to have first draft done by Sunday night (that is my goal) but the truth is we already have to be on the road at 7:30 a.m. so the chances of actually writing are slim lol. At least I am being honest with myself and my goals.


Have a great weekend! I'll be posting against starting Monday. Also starting Monday is the first day of my goal to July 26th to get Scavenger Hunt completed (1st draft done).


Cheers,

Kendal

1 comment:

  1. MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
    Top rated removal companies in Southport
    Top rated removal companies in Southport

    ReplyDelete